- 250 g of dried giant white beans soak in 1 l of water for about 12 hours.
Drain and rinse. Then add
- 750 ml of fresh water and
- 1 or 2 bay leaves and bring to a boil.
Cook at low to medium heat for about 1 hour until soft. Add
- ½ tsp of sea salt and let simmer for a couple of minutes more. Then let drain.
For the vinaigrette, combine
- 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar,
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice,
- 2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil,
- 4 tbsp of chopped capers,
- 2 large cloves of crushed garlic,
- 1 tsp of dried oregano,
- 1 tsp of dried marjoram,
- 1 tsp of dried basil (or a hand full if fresh),
- ½ tsp of dried rosemary and
- ½ tsp of dried thyme.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Combine vinaigrette and hot beans and let marinate for a couple of hours.
Serve with lettuce and tomatoes.