- 2,5 l of water to a boil.
- ½ tsp of sea salt and
- 250 g of whole-wheat pasta.
Frequently check if the pasta is yet cooked al dente (I usually don’t rely on the instructions on the packaging; they are merely a rough orientation).
Meanwhile, prepare the sauce: Chop
- 1 medium white onion into fine pieces.
Sauté them in a pan with
- a splash of water or a tsp of vegan butter.
- 20 g of einkorn flour,
- 200 ml of soymilk,
- 300 ml of water,
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice or 1 tsp white wine vinegar,
- 1-2 bay leaves,
- ½ tsp of sea salt,
- a pinch of nutmeg and
- white pepper to taste.
Mix the sauce with a whisk until it is completely smooth. Bring it to a boil while constantly stirring.
Lower heat and add
- 360 g of frozen peas.
They almost immediately defrost in the hot sauce and need not be cooked (I like peas best when they are still crisp).